Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Reflection

Personal Achievements 

One of my main achievements for this year is that I have persevered with Adobe Illustrator even though I find it harder to use compared to Photoshop. However, it is better for some graphic design work. I forced myself to use it for a number of design pieces and I feel much more confident with it and I'm proud of what I have produced. Another achievement is time management, I have not left everything to the last minute and have spread tasks out to make them more manageable. I feel that it has made me less stressed and my quality of work has improved.

Skills Development

As I have already mentioned my skills with Adobe Illustrator has improved and I feel confident with using it to create fairly complicated design projects. I have improved with Google Sketchup, even though I haven't used it much in my recent projects, some minor tuition and experimentation has allowed my skills to develop well. My understanding of brand identity and logo design has also improved, I have designed a logo for myself and during that process I learnt what makes a good logo design.

Summer/Final year Action plan

During the summer I aim to undertake my own design projects and enter various competitions with the aim to increase my design skills and add to my portfolio of work. I also plan to try and obtain some short-term work experience placements with the aim to gain more experience and gain important contacts in the design world.  For my final year of the Foundation Degree I plan to get more acquainted with the various design packages that are imperative to a graphic design career. I also aim to increase my knowledge of design processes and regulations so I'm more au fait with how the whole design industry works, which will ultimately make me more employable


Overall, my second year has been an interesting one, I have learnt a great deal about myself and how I work as well as new design processes and techniques, I am proud of what I have achieved and look forward to learning and achieving much more. 

1 comment:

  1. Well Done Patrick - I hope you have a great summer and that you keep on posting - it would be great to see examples of the stuff you're planning to do over your summer break added here!!

    ReplyDelete